Local Access Forum
The Local Access Forum (LAF) is independent from the County Council and advises on rights of way issues and countryside matters.
The LAF was set up in 2003 as a requirement of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act (2000). This was also when open access land was first introduced.
We work together to improve access for all users of the countryside whilst protecting biodiversity and the legitimate interests of landowners.
The Forum meets quarterly, and you are welcome to attend.
The next Local Access Forum, is on Tuesday 13 September 2022 at 1.30pm (tea and coffee from 1pm). The meeting venue to be Rufford (provisionally)
Agendas and minutes
The members of the LAF are local people, balanced between those who:
- access the countryside
- manage the land
- have an interest in the local community and conservation.
The LAF offer advice to
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- district, borough and parish councils
- Natural England
- central government, and others.
The LAF aims to
- safeguard the character of Nottinghamshire's countryside
- improve public access
- encourage enjoyment of our rights of way network.
Contact the LAF
For more information about what we do and how to join:
- telephone: 0115 977 5680
- email: email@example.com