Nottinghamshire SEND Partnership Assurance and Improvement Group (PAIG)
Vision of the Nottinghamshire local area partnership:
"Our vision is that children and young people in Nottinghamshire with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) will be safe, healthy and happy, and have a good quality of life and opportunities to fulfil their aspirations, develop their independence and make a positive contribution to society."
Purpose of the PAIG
The purpose is to be assured that the lived experiences and outcomes of children and young people with SEND and their families are maximised, to monitor and ensure improved performance of SEND services across Nottinghamshire and that these improvements are linked to the lived experiences and outcomes for children and young people.
The PAIG will achieve its purpose through:
- Leading and co-ordinating the continuous improvement of Nottinghamshire’s implementation of the Children and Families Act (2014), National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidance NG213 (2022), the Department for Education SEND and Alternative Provision Improvement Plan (2023), and the SEND Code of Practice (2020).
- Monitoring and oversight of SEND related strategies, policies and plans through a local area performance and outcomes framework.
- Assuring that the Nottinghamshire local area is inclusive through a child/young person focus and strength-based approach.
- Identifying and managing risks in a solution focused multi-agency approach and escalate where required to the SEND Senior Leadership Group.
- Ensuring that the local area partnership is effectively prepared for and responds to the outcomes of regulatory inspections.
- Assuring those improvements are effective and have a positive impact on the lived experiences and outcomes for children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Ensuring the lived experience of children and young people with SEND is improved, and that their holistic needs are met through appropriate provision and services.
- Assuring that the local area partnership delivers its statutory responsibilities.
- Assuring that appropriate engagement and co-production has taken place with children and young people and their families.
- Assuring that appropriate engagement and co-production has taken place with partners.
- Approving and taking ownership of the SEND Local Area Self Evaluation, to ensure that an accurate picture of performance and progress is maintained, and improvement activities take place.
PAIG meeting notes
- 2023 December PAIG meeting minutes [word]