Report a highways obstruction

If you spot a highways obstruction, please report this using our online form.

Issues you can report on this form are:

  • road obstructions
  • pavement obstructions
  • live/dead animal in carriageway
  • spillage/debris in the road

If your issue is an emergency please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.

Trunk roads

Motorways and trunk roads in Nottinghamshire (A1, A46, A453, A52 and M1) are managed by National Highways.

Obstructions on these roads can be reported directly:

You will need

  • obstruction location details

You will need to pinpoint the location of the problem on the online map. Please be as accurate as possible. You can use the search box above the map to type in a postcode or street which will zoom the map and enable you to locate the problem more quickly.

Please include your contact details as we may need to contact you with further questions. We will also update you with any key updates (e.g. when the problem has been rectified). All of your information is protected in-line with the Data Protection Act.

What will happen next

If it is a non-emergency, we will send an inspector within the next five working days after you've reported an obstruction. The process and timescales involved would then depend on the nature of the problem and the level of third party involvement.

The removal of a live/dead animal can cross over a number of different parties, such as the district council, police and/or farmer so the procedure will vary dependent on the situation.

Spillage and debris will always be inspected by a member of our team. 

The only instances where we won't intervene are if the obstruction or spillage isn't deemed hazardous or suitable adequate access remains available.

Report an obstruction

Alternative ways to do this

If you prefer to speak to us, you can contact our customer service team

Share this page?