- on the site of former Silverhill and Teversal Collieries
- public car park
- dogs welcome on a lead or under close control.
The site offers a network of surfaced woodland trails and there are also fantastic off road links to the Teversal Trail Network, and on into Derbyshire and the Five Pits Trail. From the car park on Silverhill Lane, you can explore the site on foot or cycle before making your way to the summit.
On a trip to Silverhill Wood:
- follow a network of surfaced woodland trails (managed on our behalf by the Forestry Commission)
- look out for buzzard, kestrel, green woodpecker and skylark. In the summer you may be lucky enough to spot orchid and grass snakes
- see the statue of a Nottinghamshire miner ‘Testing For Gas’ at the summit.
Nearest Town/Village: Teversal, west of Mansfield Silverhill Pit Wood
Access Point: Silverhill Wood Car Park, Silverhill Lane, Teversal, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 3JJ
Grid reference: SK 470 616