- the first community woodland in Greenwood
- 20 hectare site just off the Hucknall bypass (A611)
- dogs welcome on a lead or under close control.
This vast and beautiful woodland provides spectacular scenery and is regarded as one of Hucknall’s best kept secrets. In 1991 this farmland. which once grew onions and carrots, was first planted with trees.
On a trip to Dob Park:
- stroll alongside the stream and spot wildlife and wetland creatures, including the legally protected Water Shrew (neomys fodiens)
- watch a rich and varied range of bird species
- walk the various paths around the site and take links to the wider countryside
- cycle through nature.
Nearest Town/Village: Hucknall
Access Point: Located on Washdyke Lane, Hucknall, Nottingham, NG15 6QR. Also accessable via the Hucknall bypass (A611). Access is available to mobility aids through RADAR gates, although visitors must be aware that none of the paths at the site are surfaced.
Grid Reference: SK: 523 499