- a beautiful area of green space in Huthwaite
- former 1800s New Hucknall Colliery site
- dogs welcome on a lead or under close control.
We bought Rookery Park after New Hucknall Colliery's closure in 1986. The site has two areas to the north and west that are managed by us, separated in the centre by the closed landfill site, which is being restored to woodland and open space.
On a trip to Rookery Park:
- run along the surfaced pathways
- follow the paths from one end of the park to the other, including a path through the restored landfill site
- witness the restoration efforts that have seen the whole of the park transform into a beautiful landscape of woodland, wetland and grassland
- go up to the summit of the former pit tip provides stunning views as far as Crich Stand in Derbyshire.
Nearest Town/Village: Huthwaite
Access Point: Located on Mill Lane, Common Road, Rookery Lane, Columbia Avenue
Grid References: Charnwood Street: SK 479 585
Columbia Ave: SK 481 588