Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham City declaration on tobacco control
By signing the Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham City declaration on tobacco control you can improve the health of your workforce, save money and make a positive contribution to your local community.
Based on the Local Government declaration on tobacco control our declaration encourages key partners including public and private organisations to commit to taking action on tobacco.
How will it make a difference?
- signing the declaration is just the first step, it demonstrates your organisation's commitment to addressing tobacco related issues and improving the health of your workforce
- organisations are encouraged to develop an individualised action plan, tailored towards making a difference at your organisation
- public organisations such as the district councils, Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, Nottinghamshire Police, local health partners and clinical commissioning groups have signed the declaration and are developing action plans.
What support is available to you and your organisation?
Support is available through Public Health and smokefree teams at the County and City councils.
In addition to the declaration toolkit, support is available in the following ways:
- sharing of ongoing learning from other organisations
- signposting to face-to-face training for staff on brief advice to stop smoking, provided by Solutions 4 Health, provider of Smokefree Life Nottinghamshire
- workshops that aim to share learning from elsewhere and identify local actions for organisations
- providing information and briefs on smoking and tobacco use in relation to particular topic areas for example smoking and mental health.
Signing the declaration and developing a supporting action plan also forms part of the Nottinghamshire Wellbeing @ Work Scheme. Visit the Notts Help Yourself website for more information about the scheme.
- Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham City declaration on tobacco control - blank copy to sign [Word]
- Example action plan [Word]