Support to stop smoking
We all know smoking is bad for you, your family and your friends. There are lots of reasons to stop smoking as well as plenty of support to quit. It's never too late to give up smoking. Research suggests that smokers who stop with support are four times more likely to succeed, so you don't have to do it on your own.
There is a range of local support that can help you quit smoking by:
- assessing what's going to help you
- explaining what's happening to your body as you give up
- offering free stop smoking aids like nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), which can be given to you on the spot.
You can get this support from the specialist stop smoking service You Health Notts.
Your Health Notts is the service commissioned by Nottinghamshire County Council to support Nottinghamshire residents (children, young people, adults and families) to get active, lose weight, reduce alcohol intake and quit smoking. The service also provide support for falls prevention and family weight management.
For the most up to date information on the service, please:
- Visit the website: https://yourhealthnotts.co.uk/
- Telephone: 0115 772 2515
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find information on the below social media channels:
Online support and further information are also available through:
- NHS smokefree
- Stoptober - a national quit campaign that takes places every October
- Better Health
- Stop smoking in pregnancy
You can also call:
- The national smoke free helpline on 0300 123 1044 (England only)
- Stop smoking in pregnancy support helpline on 0300 123 1044