Children's disability social work services

Care and support assessment

An assessment will help us find out what support and care your child needs. 

For the assessment a social worker will ask you and, wherever possible, your child some questions about: 

  • your child's development
  • how you look after your child
  • your wider family, community and environment. 

If the assessment shows that your child/ family needs support and help we will develop a care and support action plan to show how we will help. If you are unhappy with the result of your assessment you can make a formal complaint.

How to arrange a care and support assessment

To arrange an assessment contact us by telephone on 0300 500 80 80. 

Share this page?