Our commitment to equality
We are committed to treating people fairly and meeting the aims of the Public Sector Equality Duty which require public bodies to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The protected characteristics are: age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation and marriage and civil partnership.
We are currently ranked the highest performing public sector organisation in the Midlands. We are also a Disability Confident Leader employer.
Our aims are to:
- Develop and support a diverse workforce
- Develop, commission and deliver inclusive and responsive services
Our equality objectives and performance
Our equality objectives are:
- Objective 1: To build on the council's existing culture to ensure NCC is an inclusive place to work and promotes a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Objective 2: To ensure that our recruitment processes and development opportunities are fair, inclusive and accessible.
- Objective 3: To embed an inclusive approach towards implementing health and wellbeing initiatives so that the needs of all employees are taken account of.
These objectives are due for review in 2026.
Reports and information
- Workforce Profile Report 2022 [PDF]
- Workforce Profile Report 2023 [PDF]
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Gender Pay Gap report
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
We will soon be sharing more information on our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
To find out more, please contact our equality officer:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 977 4860