Our commitment to equality
We are committed to treating people fairly and meeting the aims of the Public Sector Equality Duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation
- Promote equality of opportunity for everyone
- Foster good relations between different groups
We treat all people fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, ethnic origin, religion/belief, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Our commitment to equality has been recognised by Stonewall, the leading LGBT rights charity, in their annual Workplace Equality Index. We are currently ranked the highest performing public sector organisation in the Midlands. We are also a Disability Confident Employer.
Our aims are to:
- Develop and support a diverse workforce
- Develop, commission and deliver inclusive and responsive services
Our equality objectives and performance
Objective 1: To maintain or improve the council’s workforce representation for sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, ethnic origin and age each year.
Objective 2: To provide fair pay and reward to council employees.
Objective 3: To ensure that appropriate equality and diversity training is completed by all employees.
Objective 4: To understand the effect of our policies and procedures on people with different protected characteristics.
Objective 5: To provide inclusive and responsive services that are accessible by everyone.
Our Equality Plan details the actions we will take and how we will measure progress in meeting these objectives.
Our evidence base includes:
- Council Equality Plan
- Workforce Profile Information
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Gender Pay Gap report
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
To find out more, please contact our Equality Officer
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 0115 977 4860