Applying for a school place – September 2022
If your child lives in Nottinghamshire, and you require a school place for September 2022, you must apply for a school place through Nottinghamshire County Council, even if the schools you want are outside Nottinghamshire.
If you’re not sure whether you live in the area covered by Nottinghamshire County Council, you can find your local council on GOV.UK.
For applications during the school year, rather than at the usual transfer time please see changing school in-year.
Before applying, please read the information linked in the relevant sections below, this contains important information about how school places are allocated.
You should also refer to Admissions to schools: guide for parents [PDF] and school information- they contain lots of information about the admissions process and a summary of the oversubscription criteria for Nottinghamshire schools.
More information about applying for a school place:
- Apply from: 8 November 2021
- Closing date: 15 January 2022
- National Offer Day: 19 April 2022
- First admission (reception) and infant to junior/primary transfer (year 3) factsheet [PDF]
The following schools are due to open in September 2022:
- Bingham Primary School (Bingham, Rushcliffe)
- Millside Spencer Academy (East Leake, Rushcliffe)
- Rivendell Flying High (Burton Joyce, Gedling)
Any parent wishing to apply should contact customer service centre to make an application. For applications received by 15 January 2022, applicants will be notified by letter posted 2nd class on 19 April 2022.
No outcomes can be given over the telephone.
Information on the school’s admission oversubscription criteria and how places will be allocated can be found in the school information and oversubscription criteria 2022-2023
- Apply from: 9 August 2021
- Closing date: 31 October 2021
- National Offer Day: 1 March 2022
- Primary to secondary transfer (year 7) applying for secondary school factsheet [PDF]
Parents may seek admission of their child outside the normal age group, for example if the child is gifted and talented, has experienced ill health or is a summer born child whose parent is considering delaying admission until compulsory school age.
You can find out more information by reading Admission of children outside the normal age group (including summer born children) [PDF].
Advice for parents of summer born children can be found by reading Summer Born Children Starting School: Advice for parents [PDF] at GOV.UK.