A majority of decisions about Council services are made by the Cabinet. It also leads in the preparation of the Council’s budget and policy framework. View all upcoming committee meetings.
The Cabinet is made up of the Leader and nine other councillors who each have an individual area of responsibility, known as a portfolio. Cabinet members can take decisions together when sitting as the Cabinet. They can also make decisions by themselves that fall within their remits. You can view details about significant decisions that will be made by the Cabinet or Cabinet members (Key Decisions) on the Forward Plan. Information about any Key Decision must be published on the Forward Plan at least 28 days in advance of the decision being made.
Nottinghamshire County Council Cabinet Members
- Councillor Ben Bradley MP, Leader of Nottinghamshire County Council
- Councillor Bruce Laughton, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Transformation
- Councillor Chris Barnfather, Cabinet Member Business Management
- Councillor Matt Barney - Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Councillor Tracey Taylor – Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
- Councillor John Cottee – Cabinet Member for Communities
- Councillor Keith Girling – Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Asset Management
- Councillor Richard Jackson – Cabinet Member for Finance
- Councillor Gordon Wheeler – Cabinet Member for Personnel
- Councillor Neil Clarke MBE – Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment.
Deputy Cabinet Members
There are also seven Deputy Cabinet Members who assist Cabinet Members in policy delivery and monitoring and evaluating the budget implications of decisions. They have a role researching and understanding matters relevant to specific Portfolios.
- Councillor Scott Carlton – Deputy Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Councillor Sinead Anderson – Deputy Cabinet Member for Children and Young People
- Councillor Tom Smith – Deputy Cabinet Member for Communities
- Councillor Reg Adair – Deputy Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Asset Management
- Councillor André Camilleri – Deputy Cabinet Member for Finance
- Councillor Jonathan Wheeler – Deputy Cabinet Member for Personnel
- Councillor Mike Adams – Deputy Cabinet Member for Transport and Environment.