Make a referral
Any agency can refer a parent to be, or a family with a child under five, who lives in Nottinghamshire, where there is a need in achieving the outcomes outlined in Information for professionals.
Self-referrals from families are also accepted, and, parents can download and complete the form and return it or email it to their local Children’s Centre. Where necessary, Children’s Centre Service staff will support the family to complete a Request for Service Form. This includes a section to provide their consent.
A guide to levels of need is available within Nottinghamshire County Council’s Pathway to Provision.
Agencies need to be explicit as to the unmet needs of the child/family through the use of an existing whole family assessment (e.g. an Early Help Assessment Form) or by completing an online referral, which references the latest assessment identifying the needs and the proposed actions required from the Children’s Centre Service.
If you are unclear if the service can address the needs of the child, parent or families, please refer to the Children's Centre Service Referral Criteria.
- Referrals from Council teams with access to Mosaic e.g. Social Care, the Family Service etc. Use the Mosaic referral step and attach the latest whole family assessment, if you have one.
- Referrals from SystemOne users: use the Children's Centre online Referral Form and attach the latest assessment if you have one, relevant to the support requested.
- Referrals from GPs and Specialist NHS Services: use the Children's Centre online Referral Form along with any other assessment (e.g. EHAF) you have completed, relevant to the support requested.
- Referrals from early years childcare settings, including schools: use the Children's Centre online Referral Form, along with any other assessment (e.g. EHAF) you have completed, relevant to the support requested.
- All other referrals: use the Children's Centre online Referral Form, along with any other assessment (e.g. EHAF) you have completed, relevant to the support requested.
You can also use these email addresses to contact the relevant Children's Centre Service team for all queries about the service.
This service is for
- Colleagues from NCC without access to Mosaic
- Healthcare professionals
- Early Years Providers (PVI and Schools)
- Voluntary Sector organisations
- Any other professional referring on behalf of a family they are working with
This online form is not for parents or carers. If you are a parent or carer and would like to refer yourself to the Children’s Centre Service, please complete the ‘Request for Service’ form here or contact the service by phone, email or drop in.
What will happen next
Once you have submitted the form, it will be sent to the appropriate Children’s Centre Service Team and you will be notified of the outcome within 10 working days.Submit a referral
Alternative ways to do this
You can also use these email addresses to contact the relevant Children’s Centre Service for all other queries about the service or call Customer Services who will direct you to the relevant team 0300 500 80 80.
- Ashfield: CC.Ashfield@nottscc.gov.uk
- Bassetlaw: CC.Bassetlaw@nottscc.gov.uk
- Broxtowe: CC.Broxtowe@nottscc.gov.uk
- Gedling: CC.Gedling@nottscc.gov.uk
- Mansfield: CC.Mansfield@nottscc.gov.uk
- Newark and Sherwood: CC.NewarkandSherwood@nottscc.gov.uk
- Rushcliffe: CC.Rushcliffe@nottscc.gov.uk