Social care complaints

You can make a complaint about Nottinghamshire County Council's adult or children social care services if:

  • you are affected by anything that we have or have not done
  • you are acting on behalf of someone who has been affected by anything we have or have not done.

If someone contacts us on your behalf we will always check that you do want them to do this.

What can I complain about? 

You can make a complaint about any of the services provided by us. Your complaint could be about:

  • a decision that you do not agree with
  • the poor quality or suitability of a service
  • a delay in providing or making a decision about a service
  • delivery or non-delivery of services
  • quantity, frequency, change or cost of a service
  • attitude or behaviour of staff
  • decisions on whether you are eligible for a service
  • your assessment
  • how a council policy has affected you
  • inaccurate or misleading communication. 

How will the complaint be dealt with?

Any adult or children social care service complaint will follow our complaints process

Share this page?