Support for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing

Our Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) staff are experienced in working with adults with different communication needs such as British Sign Language and Deafblind manual.

Reablement support

Reablement is about helping you live as independently as possible. It is designed to help you with everyday things that you are struggling with due to your hearing loss. For example, we may be able to provide you with specialist environmental equipment to help you live independently in the community. 

Who can get support?

This service is for adults aged 18 and upwards who are Deaf or hard of hearing and living in Nottinghamshire.  

We can help by:

  • Visiting you to discuss the kind of support you need and how we can help you to promote your independence 
  •  Working with you to give you advice on how to keep safe and live as independently as possible in your home 
  • Giving you advice on where to purchase other equipment from 
  • Giving you advice on how to keep safe. For example, if you wear hearing aids, or are Deaf, would you hear your smoke alarm in the day or at night? We also work closely with Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue services who may install an adapted smoke alarm for you. 

Contact us

If you need ADVIS support contact our customer service team to complete an ADVIS referral. 

Other support

You can find support and services for Deaf people on the Notts Help Yourself website. 

Other relevant services 

Local Organisations: 

Care and support needs

If you think you need care and support from us visit our care and support in Nottinghamshire page for more information. You will need to have a care and support assessment to find out if you are eligible for care and what type of support we can provide. 

Share this page?