Plans, strategies and policies
Travel and transport
- Integrated Passenger Transport Strategy - details how the County Council will work with operators, stakeholders and the public to deliver improvements to all forms of passenger transport (including bus, coach, rail, taxi and tram) in Nottinghamshire
- Travel plans - aimed at promoting more sustainable travel to work by offering realistic transport choices
- Local Transport Plan - details the aims, objectives and strategies for achieving more sustainable and integrated transport within Nottinghamshire
- Local bus service strategy - provides the focus for improving the quality of bus services in Nottinghamshire
- Bus stops and shelters policy - sets out minimum standards for bus stop and bus shelter provision and the procedure for providing new stops
- Integrated Ticketing Strategy and Delivery Plan - developing a vision for a better public transport offer
Accessibility and mobility
- Accessibility strategy - sets out the vision and aims for accessibility in Nottinghamshire and how these can be achieved
- Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire - focuses on groups less able to make use of the main commercial bus network in the county
Bus Service Improvement Plans
There are two different plans in Nottinghamshire:
- Bus Improvement Plan for the Greater Nottinghamshire (Robin Hood) area
- Bus Improvement Plan for Nottinghamshire.
The plan for the Greater Nottingham (Robin Hood) area has been developed in partnership with Nottingham City Council and covers the Nottingham Conurbation, while the Bus Improvement Plan for Nottinghamshire covers the rest of the county outside of the Greater Nottinghamshire area.