We are currently operating a reduced work experience offer while we revise and improve our service. Work experience opportunities may be available to Social Work or Occupational Therapy students who require a placement as part of the course of study. Please email email@example.com with details of your study and the type of placement you require if you come under either of these two categories.
How work experience can help you
Nottinghamshire County Council is one of the largest employers in the county and as a public sector employer we offer short term, unpaid, work experience opportunities in support of our aspiration to be an exemplar of good employment practice. The Council are committed to engaging young people to consider the career options available to them in local government and the wider public sector.
Benefits of work experience
There are many benefits of work experience, including the chance to:
- gain insight and raise your awareness of current developments in a variety of work areas across the public sector
- build on your skills, knowledge and confidence and gain useful contacts
- explore career options and make a positive career choice
- improve your job opportunities. Having experience of work will make you a more interesting prospect to employers and give you something to talk about on job applications and your CV.
What we can offer you
By undertaking a work experience placement with the Council, we can offer you:
- chance to see first-hand what happens in a typical day on the job
- the opportunity to gain excellent knowledge and insight into a large public sector organisation
- an opportunity to meet different people in various career areas, ask questions and understand more about their industry
- encouragement and support
- a safe and secure placement where you will be treated fairly and with respect.