Make a complaint, comment or compliment

We want to hear your views about our services, good or bad. What you tell us helps us improve services and plan for the future. 

You can use our online form to make a complaint, compliment or to raise a concern. 

Make a complaint, comment or compliment

This service is for

Making a complaint, comment or compliment about the services we provide. You can make a complaint or comment about: 

  • general County Council services (such as libraries, registrars and transport) 
  • adult's social care services 
  • children's social care services 
  • school admission (but not complaints about schools). 

Things we cannot deal with as a complaint: 

  • matters that are the subject of court or tribunal proceedings, as these will be dealt with as part of the legal process
  • claims for compensation, dealt with through our Risk & Insurance Team, email
  • challenges to a Penalty Charge Notice or other parking enforcement issues are dealt with by Notts Parking Partnership through set procedures in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004. Challenge a parking fine.
  • complaints about schools should be made through the head teacher or governing body in line with their procedure.
  • appeals against declined blue badge applications.


Anyone who receives services from Nottinghamshire County Council can make a complaint. 

Get started

Alternative ways to do this

If you cannot access our online form and want to make a complaint, comment or compliment please contact us by: 

  • telephone: 0300 500 80 80  
  • email:
  • write to: Complaints and Information Team, County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QP.

Share this page?