Safeguarding Children Information Management Team (SCIMT)
If you are a member of the public and concerned about the safety of:
If you are a professional with a safeguarding concern please contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) who are the single point of contact for all professionals to report safeguarding concerns.
The SCIMT responds to enquiries from partner agencies in terms of whether a person is or has been known to children's social care. Unless the enquiry is made clearly stating the relevant exemption under the Data Protection Act, consent from the subject of the enquiry is required. Organisations which use the SCIMT service include:
- Nottinghamshire Police
- Social workers from other local authorities
- Social workers from other agencies e.g. independent fostering agencies
- Education settings such as schools
- National Probation Service
- Health including midwives, health visitors, local GU clinics
- Change Grow Live (CGL)
- Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland Community Rehabilitation Company (DLNRCRC)
- Disclosure and Barring Service
SCIMT are not able to provide information to members of the public. If you are a member of the public and would like to obtain further information about yourself or a child you are responsible for, please see our requesting personal information page.
SCIMT is a Business Support Team and therefore are not able to disclose full information on any case. Information that can be provided on any check is limited to:
- whether the person is known to Children's Social Care
- the name and contact details of the current social worker
- dates of when involvement started
- if any child in the household has been the subject of a child protection plan or is currently including dates and category of the plan
- if any domestic abuse incidents are recorded and if a particular adult is named as the perpetrator.
Should further information be required the enquiry will be passed on to the relevant Children's Social Care Manager.
You can contact SCIMT in one of the following ways:
- submitting a known person enquiry form by secure email to the SCIMT on firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0115 804 1274
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
- Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
About the SCIMT
SCIMT are a Business Support Team comprising of three full time posts funded by the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP) to enable sharing information between agencies to help to safeguard children.
In addition to enquiries about the SCIMT also facilitate the coordination of information between other Local Authorities including registering children as missing, completing pre-employment checks for Ofsted, managing information regarding people who may pose a risk to children when released from prison and tracking the movement of children who are the subject of child protection plans.