What can businesses do?
There are many ways businesses and organisations can make changes and support the principles in the Nottinghamshire Food Charter. Here are a few examples:
- include food in your strategic and business plans
- procure sustainable, local, and responsibly sourced food
- provide opportunities to grow food at work
- support community food projects through staff volunteering opportunities
- increase access to healthy food and drinks in canteens and where possible sign up to the Healthy Options Takeaway scheme
- promote national healthy eating campaigns within your workplace
- adopt a policy to not endorse high fat/sugar/salt food products
- create opportunities for local people to try, taste and buy local food
- use planning powers to prevent fresh food deserts and fast-food swamps
- adopt measures to reduce food waste and unnecessary packaging from the whole supply chain.