Who can use Shared Lives?

Shared lives supports people so they can live as independently as possible in the community.

Shared lives is for people who:

  • need support to live in the community
  • are over 18
  • are eligible for social care services.

This includes people who have:

  • a learning disability
  • a mental health issue
  • support or care due to their age
  • a physical disability
  • other disabilities or impairments.

What support does Shared Lives offer?  

 Shared lives support can be delivered in several different ways: 

  • living in a carer's home: the person needing support may live in the carers own home and be supported in their everyday life. Sharing a carer's home can be to cover a short-term need (such as providing a break for a person's main carer) or a longer-term situation
  • day-time support: regular support sessions held in the carer's home
  • outreach support: the person needing support lived in their own home, a carer provide help as needed.

How can I get support from Shared Lives? 

You will need an assessment to see if you are eligible for support.

If you have already had an assessment please contact your social worker to find out more about support.


Contact us

To find out more about Shared Lives support, please visit the contact us about care and support page.

Complaints, compliments or comments

If you wish to make a complaint, comment or compliment about the Shared Lives Service, please visit the make a comment, compliment or complaint page.

Alternatively, please contact us by: 

  • telephone: 0300 500 80 80  
  • email: complaints@nottscc.gov.uk
  • write to: Complaints and Information Team, County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QP

Share this page?