Direct Payments support area
If you are eligible for care and support, or if you are a personal assistant or carer, you can choose to receive money from the Council so you can organise some or all of your own support.
Direct payments provide independence, choice and control by enabling you to commission your own care and support in order to meet your eligible needs. They encourage you to take ownership of your care planning and give you the freedom to choose how your needs are met.
Please contact Adult Care Financial Services as below for advice and support on the following matters:
Direct Payment auditing:
- 0115 9775760 Option 4, option 1 – Auditing Team
- 0115 9775760 Option 4, option 2 – Direct Payments Team
Financial Assessments and assessed contributions:
- 0115 9775760 Option 2 – Community Assessments Team
General Direct Payment queries:
Support for Employer queries:
This includes the employment of personal assistants and DBS checks
Telephone: 0115 8044945
Direct payment recipients or your friends or family members can now return unused direct payment money using an easy but secure online payment form.
You will need to have the bank card for the direct payment bank account to hand.
You will then need to:
- complete the relevant boxes
- confirm how much you are returning
- quote the reference that you will have been given in a letter sent from the direct payment finance team
This should be a quick and straight forward way to return funds to Nottinghamshire County Council upon request. It also saves time and resources that are associated with the banking of cheques, identifying payments received by income, and matching payments individual direct payment recipients.
Please use this online facility for returning direct payment monies to the Council as it is the most efficient way of processing the returned payments.
- Direct Payments Policy
- Payments calendar 2022-23 [Word]
- Guidance for people receiving direct payments and personal assistants - Government website COVID updates
- Using direct payments during the coronavirus outbreak: the most important things to know - Government website COVID updates
- Personal Protective Equipment Guidance (PPE) - Notts Help Yourself website
- Explanation of a Direct Payment factsheet 1
- Employing a Personal Assistant factsheet 2
- Pre-paid Debit Cards factsheet 3
- How to find and recruit a PA factsheet 4
- Contracted DPSS factsheet 5
- Direct Payment Auditing factsheet 6
- Direct Payment contributions factsheet 7
- Is your PA Employed or Self-employed factsheet 8
- Support with Confidence factsheet 9
- Living in a care home factsheet
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact 0300 500 80 80