Adapting your home
Adaptations to your home can help you live safely and independently making everyday tasks easier.
Nottinghamshire Help Yourself lists a number of organisations who provide home and housing support services.
Small adaptations can help with everyday tasks and activities such as:
- struggling up and down stairs (for example grab rails and hand rails)
- turning taps, door handles and locks.
You can get small adaptations done in several ways:
- a private company - use our approved trader scheme
- handy person adaptation service
- through our occupational therapy service - you need to have a care and support assessment and be eligible for care.