Equipment to help you
Simple equipment you can buy
These videos show some of the items that could help you with simple tasks around your home. Further information on each item is available via the links in the list of products below.
List of products
- Bath/shower board
- Bed Lever
- Cooking basket
- Grab rail and handrail
- Helping hand
- Microwave: A delicious range of frozen meals is available from County Enterprise Foods.
- Perching stool
- Shower Seat
- Tap Turner
- Raise toilet Seats
You may be eligible for social care support with equipment. After a care and support assessment we will talk to you about your situation and what equipment might help you. Any equipment we provide is free of charge for as long as you need it.
We don't supply:
- small items of equipment, such as cooking baskets and helping hands. Please see the section above for where these can be purchased.
- wheelchairs – see Nottinghamshire Help Yourself for possible suppliers, or contact your GP surgery
- equipment for temporary conditions such as a hip replacement or broken leg – in hospital, speak to staff on the ward before discharge. At home, contact your GP surgery.
- walking sticks and frames, pressure mattresses, cot sides or standard commodes - contact or discuss with your District Nurse, physio or GP surgery
If you have a long-term illness or disability you do not have to pay VAT on some types of equipment. For more information contact the HMRC by calling 0845 302 0203.