Report a pothole

If you have spotted a pothole on a Nottinghamshire road, please report it online to allow us to fix the problem.

For more information about potholes, including when and how they are fixed, visit our pothole FAQs page.

The issues you can report on this form are:

  • road damage
  • road pothole
  • pavement damage (e.g. damage to a dropped kerb)
  • pavement pothole

If it is an emergency, please contact our Customer Services Centre.

Trunk roads and Nottingham City

Please note, that motorways and trunk roads in Nottinghamshire (A1, A46, A453, A52 and M1) are managed by National Highways.

Faults on these roads can be reported online or by telephone: 0300 123 5000

Trunk roads: Motorways and trunk roads in Nottinghamshire (A1, A46, A453, A52 and M1) are managed by National Highways.

Faults on these roads can be reported online or by telephone: 0300 123 5000

City of Nottingham: Please report issues to Nottingham City Council

Not sure? Check your road here: FindMyStreet

You will need

  • pothole location details

You will need to pinpoint the location of the pothole on the online map. Please be as accurate as possible. You can use the search box above the map to type in a postcode or street which will zoom the map and enable you to locate the problem more quickly.

You are also able to upload an image of the pothole to the form.

You can report a pothole anonymously but if you wish to receive updates (e.g. when the pothole is fixed), please include your email address. All of your information is protected in-line with the Data Protection Act.

If provided, your telephone number may be needed if our inspector is unable to find the pothole you reported and requires more details of its location.

What will happen next

After you've reported a pothole, a member of our team will go out to inspect it within 10 working days and either fix it immediately or, if this isn't possible, make the necessary arrangements to do so.

The pothole can only be fixed if it matches our pre-set requirements.

If you provide us with an email address, we will let you know:

  • when the pothole has been inspected
  • if it is inspected and scheduled for repair
  • if it is passed to a third party to repair (this would occur if the road isn't the responsibility of Nottinghamshire County Council)
  • if it is to be repaired at a later date as part of our Highway Capital Programme
  • if it cannot be repaired
Report a pothole

Alternative ways to do this

If you prefer to speak to us, you can contact our customer service team.

Share this page?