Concessionary travel passes
A concessionary travel pass allows you to enjoy free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 11pm
- weekends and public holidays: all day
- APPLY for a concessionary travel pass
- RENEW a concessionary travel pass
- Additional benefits
- REPLACE lost, damaged or stolen travel pass
- Local exclusions
In addition to the standard national benefits, the Nottinghamshire scheme includes free tram travel on the Nottingham Express Transit (NET) system.
To receive free tram travel make sure you scan your bus pass before boarding the tram. Tram inspectors will be in operation and may ask to re-scan your pass to check it was done before boarding.
NET only accept passes issued by Nottinghamshire County Council or by Nottingham City Council.
If you have a bus pass issued by another council this will not be valid and you will need to buy a ticket before you board from the ticket machines.
Medilink and Centrelink
From 2 January 2018 the previous restriction for use of your pass on these services has been removed. You can therefore use your pass to travel as follows:
- before 9.30am: fares must be paid at all stops
- after 9.30am: free from all stops.