Bus passes (concessionary travel)
A concessionary travel pass allows you to enjoy free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 11pm
- Weekends and public holidays: all day
Age-related or disability-related concessionary passes cannot be used on trains.
In addition to the standard national benefits[PDF], the Nottinghamshire scheme includes free tram travel on the Nottingham Express Transit (NET) system.
To receive free tram travel make sure you scan your bus pass before boarding the tram. Tram inspectors will be in operation and may ask to re-scan your pass to check it was done before boarding.
NET only accept passes issued by Nottinghamshire County Council or by Nottingham City Council.
If you have a bus pass issued by another council this will not be valid and you will need to buy a ticket before you board from the ticket machines.
Medilink and Centrelink
From 2 January 2018 the previous restriction for use of your pass on these services has been removed. You can therefore use your pass to travel as follows:
- before 9.30am: fares must be paid at all stops
- after 9.30am: free from all stops.
The concessionary fares scheme is funded by central government but managed and administered by local transport authorities. The local transport authority reimburses bus operators for journeys made under the scheme. There are some services where concessionary bus passes are not supported under this scheme.
Concessionary passes are not accepted on this service.
Red Arrow is classed as an amenity service rather than local bus travel. A local bus service generally serves all stops along the route. However, the Red Arrow operates as a limited stop express service.
Night buses charge a premium fare so may be excluded from the scheme. Please check with the relevant operator.
Apply for or renew a concessionary travel pass
Request a replacement pass
- If your current travel pass has been lost or damaged you can request a replacement. A £11 fee is payable.
- If your current travel pass has been stolen you will need to contact our customer service centre or email: email@example.com. We will provide a replacement for free if you have a Crime Number from the police (not an Incident Number).
Changes of address
If you move house please let us know by contacting our customer service centre or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.