Apply for a pavement cafe licence
If you run a business and want to place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement you will require a licence.
This must be obtained from your local district council. The powers to grant pavement café licences were transferred from the County Council to the District Councils on 22 July 2020 when the Business and Planning Act was passed.
Contact your relevant district or borough council licencing team:
- Ashfield District Council
- Bassetlaw District Council
- Broxtowe District Council
- Gedling District Council
- Mansfield District Council
- Newark and Sherwood District Council
- Rushcliffe Borough Council
Applications for a pavement cafe licence which are made before 30 September 2020 will be free of charge.