For emergency out of office hours please use the telephone numbers below:
Social care emergencies
You can contact our Emergency Duty Team on 0300 456 4546:
- 5pm to 8.30am Monday to Thursdays
- 4.30pm Friday to 8.30am Monday, or Bank Holidays.
If a person is in immediate danger call 999.
Emergencies could include:
- you suspect a child is being abused
- you suspect a vulnerable adult is being abused
- you come across someone who seems to be having a mental health crisis
- your home care worker has not arrived and you need help to get into bed.
To report highways emergencies such as fallen trees in the road or streetlights with dangerously exposed wires, please phone FirstCall on 01253 502776:
- 5pm to 8:30am Monday to Thursday
- 4:30pm to 8:30am Monday, or Bank Holidays.
Registration service emergencies
This service is only available for the following emergency situations:
- to arrange a marriage or civil partnership ceremony where one of the couple is terminally ill and their health has very suddenly deteriorated
- to issue legal documentation, where possible, for a burial to take place within 24 hours of a death.
If you need a registrar for one of these emergencies please call 0115 977 3674. Unfortunately, this number cannot give access to any other registration service.