Page last updated on 7 April 2021 at 11:40am
- 863 Nottsbus Connect service - There is currently disruption to this service between Ruddington and Keyworth due to a broken down vehicle.
Latest update on buildings, services and events impacted by COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
We're currently in Step 1 of the Government's Roadmap out of lockdown
Wedding and civil partnership ceremonies
From 12 April, wedding ceremonies may continue to take place in licensed buildings which are permitted to be open. This applies to:
- Worksop Registration Office
- Newark Registration Office
- Mansfield Registration Office
- West Bridgford Registration Office
- Arnot Hill Registration Office
The permitted numbers attending the ceremony depends on the size of the room and also what is possible when adhering to the social distance rules. It may be possible to have up to 15 people, including the bridal couple, but this does vary on the circumstances and could be less. Please contact your venue to discuss how this will affect you.
There is limited capacity for birth registrations during the lockdown. To make an appointment please ring 0300 500 8080.
Deaths are currently being registered by telephone appointment ONLY until further notice. To make an appointment, please call 0300 500 8080.
Most Nottinghamshire County Libraries will open from Monday 12 April and Archives from Tuesday 13 April.
Customers will be able to visit the library to browse, borrow, return and reserve, with advance booking required to use PCs, study space and to visit Nottinghamshire Archives to view archival documents.
Customers are advised to check opening hours before they visit as some libraries are unable to reopen at this time and times may be subject to change. Please visit the Inspire website for more information.
All 12 of our recycling centres for household waste currently remain open (8am -8pm daily). We encourage residents to follow the Government’s advice to ‘minimise the amount that you travel’ and only visit if it is essential. By this we mean only visit a centre if you are unable to store the waste/ recycling safely at home.
Strict social distancing restrictions remain in place onsite. Please avoid busy periods if possible, such as weekends and between 10am-4pm.
For more information please read our frequently asked questions.
Please note only pre-booked vehicles are allowed access to our West Bridgford Recycling Centre. Book a slot online.
Notts Outdoors Centres are currently closed to the public and school groups for day and residential visits. The centres remain open only to provide interventional support for individual children and young people.
For the latest news and updates on Notts Outdoors venues including Hagg Farm, St Michaels, The Mill Adventure Base, Perlethorpe, Brackenhurst and Sherwood Forest, see the Notts Outdoors website.
Our priority is to keep everyone safe and offer support to families, over the phone, online, or in person where needed.
- Many of our Children’s Centres are open, on an appointment only basis, and our teams are still working.
- 1:1 family support, breastfeeding support, support with new babies, the Freedom Programme, Forest Schools and PHEW wellbeing sessions are still running.
- Healthy Start Vitamins are available to collect and the FOOD Clubs are open, all by appointment only.
- If you come to a Centre, please wear a face covering, wash your hands, sign in and keep to social distancing rules. If you feel unwell, please do not come.
- Baby Self Weigh has been paused during the lockdown. If you have concerns please contact the Healthy Family Team.
- BABES Groups and lots of other activities, including play and early learning activities are available online.
If you are not sure whether we can help, please phone us. For more information or for contact details please visit the children's centre service site.
All main Children's Centre Service sites are open Monday to Friday for essential face to face appointments with families. These include appointments with a Children’s Centre worker, Healthy Family Team member or Midwife. The service is also offering small support groups for parents in relation to domestic abuse, emotional health and wellbeing and attachment. These sites are:
- Butlers Hill and Broomhill Children's Centre: 0115 9773748
- Summer House Children's Centre: 0115 9773741
- Kirkby East Children's Centre (Summit Centre): 0115 9773746
- Manton Children's Centre: 0115 9773758
- Hallcroft Children's Centre: 0115 9773754
- West Bassetlaw (Langold) Children's Centre: 0115 9773759
- Chilwell Children's Centre: 0115 9773743
- Eastwood Children's Centre: 0115 9773742
- Arnbrook Children's Centre: 0115 9773752
- Netherfield Children's Centre: 0115 9773751
- Ladybrook Children's Centre: 0115 9773763
- Mansfield Woodhouse Children's Centre: 0115 9773765
- Ravensdale Children's Centre: 0115 9773740
Newark and Sherwood:
- Hawtonville Children's Centre: 0115 9773745
- Ollerton and Boughton Children's Centre: 0115 9773747
- Sherwood Children's Centre: 0115 9773744
- Bingham Children's Centre: 0115 9773749
Other Children’s Centre sites will open for pre-planned appointments and groups as required. The service continues to offer appointments in family homes and outdoor activities for groups smaller than 6.
Visit Children's Centre Service for further information and updates. We will also be updating information on Notts Help Yourself. Children’s Centre Service teams are still available on the phone and online.
As a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, and in response to the Coronavirus Act 2020, we are making some temporary but significant changes to the way we provide adult social care in Nottinghamshire. This is to make sure that we can support the most vulnerable people in our communities during this time. Find out more about our Adult Social Care offer
Nottinghamshire County Council internal Day Services reopened buildings and commenced a transitional service delivery on 31st August 2020. This offer comprises of a range of services including building based, community outreach support and virtual support. It is intended to continue providing services but these will remain under constant review to ensure there are enough resources to operate.
The farm is open for trainees to attend and the farm shop and garden centre is open. The Café is closed.
The government has published guidance about arrangements for informal childcare for children aged 13 or under, from friends or family members you don’t live with.
You can make a childcare ‘bubble’ with another household. More details here:
All primary and secondary schools, as well as colleges, reopened in March, when all pupils and students returned to face-to-face education, with various measures in place.
The service remains open for invite-only support groups due to COVID-19 restrictions, however the service continues with outreach and youth work intervention in local communities and via our online youth work.
All public transport provided by Nottinghamshire County Council and our bus stations is continuing, with measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in place.
Further information about the use of public transport during the lockdown can be found on the Government guidelines page.
Our dedicated school transport services will continue to run to accommodate pupils who will be travelling to school as per the Government guidelines.
Nottsbus Connect Services
All services are now running normally and to the published timetables.
Information on this service will be updated in due course.
Get regular email updates about what's happening in Nottinghamshire
Tune in to local radio
- BBC Radio Nottingham: 103.8 and 95.5 FM
- Capital FM: 96.2 to 96.5 FM
- Lincs FM (Newark area only):102.2 FM
- Trax FM (Bassetlaw area only): 107.9 FM
- Radio Newark (Newark area only) 107.8 FM