Benefits and Other Financial Help
Part 1: An overview of claiming Job Seekers Allowance, both Contribution and Income based JSA
- tax credits and pension credit
- payment of National Insurance contributions (class 1)
- potential help with mortgage interest, paid from the 13th week
- claiming housing benefit and council tax from your local authority.
Part 2: Services provided by Jobcentre Plus
- accessing vacancies through the Jobcentre Plus website, Job points or using Jobseeker Direct.
- work trials
- travel to interview scheme
- help for professional and executive customers
- self employment
- in work benefit calculations
- help with child care
- part-time study and voluntary work
- assistance provided by the Disability Employment Adviser
- active networking methods.
- provider: Job Centre Plus
- cost: free
- duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- enrol: please book your place via BMS Portal (select the learning tab)
- course code: CL/188BOFH.