Supporting armed forces
The County Council is a proud supporter of armed forces in Nottinghamshire. We have a long standing relationship with the local regular and reserve units, as well as the veterans and cadets.
We also bring together councillors, officers and representatives from the armed forces and military civilians charities to work on activities and issues.
This is led by Councillor Keith Girling who is the Armed Forces Champion.
"We should never forget the sacrifice and commitment shown by the men and women who serve and have served the nation, we are committed to supporting the whole armed forces community," Councillor Girling said.
Our support for armed forces includes:
- Armed Forces Covenant Strategy and Action Plan
- Community Commemoration Fund
- Nottinghamshire Community Covenant
- Veterans Information Network Nottinghamshire
- Veterans Together Network.