Report a new concern about a child

Please use this form to make a children's safeguarding referral.

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call 999 or report a crime on 101.

For any urgent concerns about a child or if you wish to report a concern anonymously, please contact us on 0300 500 80 80 (if you are a member of the public) or 0300 500 80 90 (if you are a practitioner working with the child or family in a professional capacity). Before referring, please consider whether support from the Family Service would be more appropriate. This Concerns regarding children guidance [PDF] will help you to refer to the right place and get the right support for the child and their family.

You will need

Please supply as many details as possible relating to the child who you have safeguarding concerns about as this will help us to investigate the issue. Brief guidance can be found in the do's and don'ts of making a referral.

What will happen next

After receiving your safeguarding report, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity if you have provided your details.

Nottinghamshire's Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) operates between the hours of 08:30-17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:30-16:30 on Friday. If you require an urgent response outside of these hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 456 4546.

View our Privacy Notice for details of how the personal information you provide will be used.

Report a concern

Alternative ways to do this

If you are unable to report this concern to us via the form, please call 0300 500 80 90


Share this page?