Nottinghamshire's approach to parenting and family support
The primary responsibility for a family's welfare will always rest with parents. The task of local services is to provide the best support to enable parents to fulfill that responsibility in meeting the following outcomes:
- families will be safe, function well and provide a good and stable environment for children, young people, parents and carers
- families will have good social and emotional health and development
- parents and carers will be able and confident to provide boundaries and routines for children and young people
- families will have their needs addressed and met quickly at an early stage, preventing problems from worsening
- families will be able to achieve their full potential, in respect of their social, economic, education and employment experience and be free from poverty.
Family and parenting strategy group
This group is responsible for co-ordinated planning, delivery and evaluation of family and parenting support across the county.
For more information see the:
- Family and Parenting Strategy action plan [PDF]
- Family and Parenting Group terms of reference [Word].
Parenting programme validation process
A parenting programmes validation panel reviews any locally developed or adapted parenting programmes.
Information on the programme should be submitted to the panel which will evaluate this through an objective review process.
The process is designed to provide constructive feedback on the design and delivery of programmes, to ensure that they are made effective and cost effective. Programmes can be evaluated at any time in their development or implementation, and the panel will meet quarterly.
The panel will request evidence of the effects the programme has had on families, to establish its impact.
See the parenting programme validation panel guidance [Word].