Care and support in Nottinghamshire

As you get older, or if you have problems with your health or mobility, then living independently and safely can become increasingly challenging. Here you can find out ways to support yourself or improve your quality of life and we will help you find the support and tools to do this. 

We have two short videos about how to get information and how to get support

Nottinghamshire Help Yourself

The first place to look is Nottinghamshire Help Yourself which brings together a range of care and support providers with information about activities, events and groups all in one place. 


Or you can phone us on 0300 500 80 80 where our advisers can guide you through the options. 

If you can't find the service you're looking for let us know and we'll contact providers to try and close that gap. 

We also provide some services to help you keep independent which you can access at anytime, without the need for any type of assessment. 

Meals at home

County Enterprise Foods provides an award winning service, delivering delicious, great value, hot and frozen meals to home across Nottinghamshire. Visit the County Enterprise Foods website for more information.

Handy Person's Adaptations Service

This provides the help and support you may need to keep safe and secure in your home with low-cost but high quality essential adaptations and small practical jobs. Visit our HPAS page for more information.

Connect service

If you have lost a loved one or your health is deteriorating, you may find that you are struggling with daily life or feeling lonely. The Connect service can help you by finding information about local services, activities and opportunities. If needed, Connect staff can work with you around money issues, housing problems, health management and other things. This short-term support will be tailored to your needs and will focus on achieving what you want in a way that suits you.

If you, or someone you know, might benefit from the advice and support of Connect, phone:

  • Bassetlaw: NCHA on 0115 844 3541
  • Ashfield, Mansfield and Newark & Sherwood: Age UK on 01623 488217
  • Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe: Metropolitan on 0115 939 5406

A similar service for younger adults is also available through Framework. Visit the Framework website for more information. 

Age UK financial information and advice

Age UK offer a range of services including up-to-date, professional and confidential advice on:

  • options for paying for long term care including deferred payment agreements, financial solutions and ways to use property
  • choosing a care home or care services in your home
  • power of Attorney and/or Courts of Protection
  • assessing entitlement to state benefits and equity release
  • pensions and annuities, investments and savings, tax planning.

If you need more support

If after exploring these options you feel you may need more support, then you might need to have a Care and Support Assessment. This will allow you to explain the things you are finding hard to achieve and we will discuss with you how we might be able to help you. 

The aim of the assessment will always be to help you regain or maintain a level of independence.  We will carry out the assessment in the most proportionate way depending on your needs, this could be over the telephone or at one of our clinics.  

Please contact us on 0300 500 80 80, an advisor can help you with your options and may complete a referral for a care and support assessment.

Share this page?