Tips for good mental health
It is natural to struggle with life's challenges at times but evidence shows there are things you can do to reduce stress and improve good mental health and wellbeing.
Five ways of wellbeing
- Connect with people - People who take time to develop relationships feel better about themselves. Sharing problems and situations that make you stressed makes them easier to deal with.
- Be active - You don't have to go to the gym. Find any activity that you enjoy and make it part of your life.
- Keep learning - Learning new skills can boost your confidence and give you a sense of achievement. Setting yourself goals and challenges, whether at work or outside helps to build confidence and thus deal with stress. You don’t need to earn a qualification, just find something interesting to do.
- Give to others - From small acts of kindness to large volunteering efforts giving can improve your mental wellbeing and help build your social networks.
- Be aware - Take notice of your feelings, thoughts, body and the world around you.
Getting out and active
If you are looking for extra support and to meet new people in a similar situation our co-prodcution scheme provides you with this opportunity. Through this scheme you can attend peer support and community support groups in Nottinghamshire. At the groups you can share experiences and talk to other people, get active, learn new skills and find out about volunteering.
The Co-production Network helps people to sustain well-being, develop their potential and enhance their quality of live. It also enables creative opportunities and the ability to help each other to build a well connected community through additional links to other community groups, projects and services.
Visit the Nottinghamshire Help Yourself website to find out more about co-production and the different support groups.