We work together with people who need support to reduce loneliness, improve their well-being and meet their social needs. This could be because they have mental health difficulties, a learning disability or physical disability, or because they are an older adult.
Our community engagement teams help people by making links with existing community groups and networks or by developing new groups or activities. This is known as co-production. It is a way of working together to make sure the services available are suitable for the people who need them.
This approach can help people to:
- make new friends and socialise
- join a local group, club or leisure services
- finding peer support and help others
- share skills and experiences
- find and share information
- volunteer in the community
- take part in community events
- access community courses
- help develop the project in different areas
- get creative and meet like-minded people.
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 804 3816.
Watch our video to find out more about how we can help.
There are five steps to wellbeing. We can work with partners to help people achieve them. These small changes in behaviour can make big differences to people’s lives:
- connect with those around you
- be active
- take notice – try savouring the moment
- keep learning – try something new
- give – volunteer your time, do something for someone else.
Visit the Notts Help Yourself website for details of local groups you can get involved in.