A personal budget is a one-off payment for carers of up to £200. This payment is to help carers look after their own health and wellbeing.
For example payments can be used for:
- funding holidays, weekends away, days out
- transport for a break away or for visiting family
- funding a hobby such as fishing, art lessons, cooking classes or exercise equipment
- college courses
- driving lessons
- home improvements, gardening, domestic help
- equipment to help caring for someone such as washing machine, dishwasher
- helping carers back to work.
To see if you are eligible for a personal budget you will need to request a carer's assessment to look at your support needs.