Apply to become a personal assistant
Working or wanting to work as a Personal Assistant? Join our Support with Confidence scheme.
If you are interested in becoming a Personal Assistant, or you are already working as a Personal Assistant and want to join our Support with Confidence scheme, please complete our online form.
Apply to become a personal assistant with Support with Confidence
People who wish to work or are working as a Personal Assistant and want to join our Support with Confidence scheme.Apply to join Support with Confidence
You must either:
- Live within Nottinghamshire or Nottingham City
- Be willing to work with people who live in Nottinghamshire or Nottingham City
You do not need to have any formal qualifications or experience. However, you should have a particular interest in providing care and support for people who have social care and or health care needs.
You will need to:
- To complete the online application form
- To complete the Support with Confidence accreditation scheme which includes e-learning training
- To provide 2 references which are requested upon receipt of application and have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
What will happen next
This online form will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Once you have submitted the form, we will review your application, request your references and provide you with the information and support needed to undertake the process, register on Nottinghamshire Help Yourself and Optimum Workforce Leadership.
When you apply to join the scheme you will receive:
- Free training
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Guidance and support to registering on the online register “Nottinghamshire Help Yourself”
As a member of the scheme:
- You will be registered on the online directory “Nottinghamshire Help Yourself”
- You have the opportunity to become an Open Member of Optimum Workforce Leadership where you can access training, information and support
- You have access to the online provider forum where you can get in touch with and network with other PA’s who have completed the Support with Confidence Scheme
- The Support with Confidence logo will be included on your profile on Nottinghamshire Help Yourself
Alternative ways to do this
Download the application form [Word] and return to:
Support with Confidence
Strategic Commisioning Team
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org