How to register a death

We can assist you through a stressful and upsetting time by passing the information onto other relevant agencies on your behalf after you have registered a death. Please ask to use the Tell Us Once service. 


Registering a Death

A death should be registered within five days, unless the Coroner is involved (in which case the Coroner’s Officer will advise you).

If the death occurred in Nottingham city, please contact Nottingham City Council to make an appointment.

It is a legal requirement to register a death. Doing so will provide you with the documents needed to arrange the funeral and to deal with the deceased's estate.

Share this page?