Enjoy free exercise in the fresh air by exploring Nottinghamshire on foot.
Where to walk in Nottinghamshire
There are acres of green spaces for walking in the county including:
- Natural England - find interesting walks and bikes rides
- Ramblers Association - national walking charity with Nottinghamshire routes
- Notts guided walks - a monthly guide for organised walks in the countryside
- Walk it - an urban walking route planner.
Walking with dogs
You are welcome to take your dog on any right of way route but they must be on a lead or under close control. It is an offence to allow a dog to run free in a field where there are sheep. A farmer has the right to shoot a dog that is attacking or chasing livestock. You must clean up after your dog or you may be liable for a fine.
Rights of way (public paths)
You can walk on all public rights of way. Some are also open to horse riders, cyclists or motorists.
Anyone can apply to change a right of way.
Report a problem
If you've encountered a problem while out cycling, please report it to us:
- report a problem with a right of way (countryside)
- report a problem with a footway/pavement (urban areas)