A petition is a written request for Nottinghamshire County Council to consider a matter or take a course action. A petition can:
- lend weight to particular view point
- demonstrate a view shared by others
- be coordinated by individuals or by local organisations.
Anyone who lives, works or studies in Nottinghamshire (including under 18's) can sign or organise a petition for submission to the Council.
To send us a paper petition you should contact your County Councillor. Your Councillor can act as your representative to present the petition at a Full Council meeting. They will talk you through the process for submitting the petitions. To find out more see our petition template [PDF].
The petition should be handed over to your County Councillor at least 2 working days before the meeting that you would like it presenting at.
Petitions received by the council
- Petitions to Council 2014 - 2015
- Petitions to Council 2013 - 2014
- Petitions to Council 2012 - 2013
- Petitions to Council 2011 - 2012
- Petitions to Council 2010 - 2011
- Petitions to Council 2009 - 2010
- Petitions to Council 2008 - 2009