A petition is a written request for the Council to consider a matter or take a course action.
A petition can:
- lend weight to particular view point
- demonstrate a view shared by others
- be coordinated by individuals or by local organisations.
Anyone who lives, works or studies in Nottinghamshire (including under 18s) can sign or organise a petition for submission to the Council.
You can submit or view a petition online using our e-petition system.
For more information view the petitions scheme [PDF].
To send us a paper petition you should contact your County Councillor. Your Councillor can act as your representative to present the petition at a Full Council meeting. They will talk you through the process for submitting the petitions.
To find out more see our petition template [Word].
The petition should be handed over to your County Councillor at least 2 working days before the meeting that you would like it to be presented at.
Petitions received by the council
- 2014-15 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2013-14 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2012-13 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2011-12 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2010-11 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2009-10 petitions to Council [PDF]
- 2008-09 petitions to Council [PDF].