Nottinghamshire Bus Passenger Charter
The Nottinghamshire Bus Passenger Charter sets out what passengers can expect from local bus operators and Nottinghamshire County Council and our shared commitment to deliver high quality bus travel across Nottinghamshire. This Bus Passenger Charter covers bus services in the county of Nottinghamshire, excluding the existing Robin Hood Ticketing Area (Greater Nottingham).
As a passenger you can expect:
- your bus to arrive at your starting point within five minutes of the schedule time
- at least 99% of planned miles to be operated each week unless there are exceptional circumstances beyond the operators’ control
- alternative methods of transport to be put in place to enable you to reach your destination if there are bus company controlled delays or cancellations
- a space on every bus large enough to take one wheelchair or two buggies
- a clean bus, a comfortable seat and a friendly and helpful driver
- your driver to keep you informed if your bus is seriously delayed
- CCTV on board and at bus stations for your security
- all new buses to have audio and visual announcements
- value for money tickets and passes that are easy to understand and purchase
- up-to-date timetable and fare information available online
- up-to-date information at the bus stop
- clean and well maintained bus stops
- any complaints to be acknowledged within 24 hours and a full response within ten working days if possible.