Special access schemes
Special access schemes are for people who have particular mobility difficulties. It allows them to drive and park their vehicles in certain pedestrian areas in Nottinghamshire.
- Using a special access permit
- Apply for a special access permit
- Schemes in Nottinghamshire
- Nottingham City
Apply for a special access permit
You can download a special access permit application form [PDF]
Application forms are also available from:
Central Processing Unit
PO Box 10282
Telephone: 0115 8040314
Please return completed forms to the Central processing Unit. Mark your envelope: "Special Access Permits".
When you return your application form you will need to include:
- a passport sized photograph of yourself
- proof of your eligibility. This will be one of the following:
- a Vehicle Excise Duty Exemption Certificate, or
- an official letter confirming an award of the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance, or
- an official letter confirming an award of War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement, or
- the front cover and second page of your current allowance book
- a copy of your current year PIP entitlement letter.
If we need to obtain further medical information we will need your permission to contact your doctor. The necessary forms will be sent to you once we have received your completed application form.