Special access schemes

Special access schemes are for people who have particular mobility difficulties. It allows them to drive and park their vehicles in certain pedestrian areas in Nottinghamshire.


You are entitled to a permit if you receive any of the following as a result of a disability:

  • free road tax for your own or someone else's car
  • the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP) 12 points or more on the Mobility Section
  • Motability
  • War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement.

If you are over 65 years old and have severe difficulty in walking you may also qualify. We will ask for further medical information to support your application.

Share this page?