Apply for a licence to erect scaffolding, hoarding and advertising boards
If you want to erect and maintain scaffolding, hoarding or other structures on or over a road you need to obtain a licence. You will need a separate licence for each location.
Apply for a scaffolding or hoarding licence
- application form [Word] - Use this version if you are completing electronically and emailing the form to us
- application form [PDF] - Use this version if you are printing off and posting the form to us
To apply for a licence complete the application form above and return to:
Highway Authorisations Team
Trent Bridge House
Or email it to: email@example.com
To complete the application form you must state where, when and what type of scaffolding/hoarding you wish to erect. We require ten working days from receipt of application for processing.
You must also:
- declare that you have received and will conform to the Nottinghamshire County Council Standard Conditions (these are included in the application form)
- provide evidence that you hold Public Liability Insurance with a limit of no less than £5,000,000 and state the Indemnity to the Principal Clause
- declare that the utilities have been consulted and agree to the proposals
- declare that you understand that the responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974 is that of the Licensee and his/her contractor and not of the Highway Authority or its Agent.
For costs associated with obtaining a Licence, please contact us on 0300 500 8080 and ask to speak to the Highways Authorisations Team.
More information about advertising boards and displays of goods on the highway [PDF]
Apply for an advertising board licence
You can apply for an advertising board licence by contacting:
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.