Vicar Walk Circular
|Route type||walk/cycle/horse ride (circular)|
|Parking nearby||yes (near Visitor Centre)|
|On bus routes||yes - plan a journey|
Vicar Water Country Park, Clipstone (off B6030).
|OS map number||Explorer 270|
- Water Country Park. Turn right onto bridleway.
- Turn right at Newlands Farm onto bridleway. Follow track up to 'box' at side of Main Road and cross road with caution.
- Turn left and cross Newlands Drive onto access road.
- Turn sharp right onto Clipstone road. Turn left onto bridleway at the fingerpost. Follow the bridleway downhill. Over the bridge. Turn right at the crossroads of tracks.
- Go right, then left onto surfaced track, fishing lakes to your left.
- Go right over bridge and up through wood. Turn right onto wide track. The track becomes a road, ride with caution.
- Pass the recreation ground on your right, go left into Newlands Drive and return to Newlands Farm.
- Go right than quickly go left up hill. Just before the bridge go left over the horse stile. Go left onto the old railway line - Mansfield Trail.
- Turn left at National Cycle Network Mile Post, continue down hill. At the pond keep right with the pond on your left to reach the road back to the Visitors Centre and car park.
The majority of the ride uses public bridleways and a small stretch of former railway line. There is a busy main road to cross and some small sections of minor road through a housing estate. There are some steep hills and some of the tracks can get muddy.