Ordsall round walk
|Surface and gradients||mixed surfaces and moderate gradients|
|On bus routes||yes - plan a journey|
Old Ordsall on High Street, parking available on street.
|OS map number||Explorer 270|
- 1Begin in Old Ordsall on High Street, parking available on street. Bus route 47 to Ordsall leaves Retford centre every half hour.
- Walk over the bridge which crosses the river onto Goosemoor Lane. Follow the road until you come across a public footpath sign on your right.
- Continue along the footpath which runs through the centre of the field. As you reach the other side bear left and across another field to a gate. Go through the gate and up a lane through the houses to the main road.
- Turn right and walk along the footway beside the main road until you reach a path on your right. Follow this path along side a wood and through a paddock and again onto a lane through the houses. You are now at Eaton.
- Once onto the main road turn right. Walk along the road and over a bridge. Take care as there is no footway. Just after the bridge, take the public footpath to your right. This path runs alongside a field.
- Continue along this path until you reach another small bridge. The path takes a right turn again and leads to a track.
- Once you reach the track go left, slightly uphill, continue along the track until you reach a path on your right.
- Follow the path straight through the centre of a field. The path then goes downhill along the side of some houses.
- Turn right at the bottom and you are now back on High Street. Walk along the pavement until you reach the bridge and you are now back at the starting point.