Available flooding grants

If your property or business has been affected by flooding, you may be eligible for funding to support you as you recover.

Flooding Hardship Fund - managed by Nottinghamshire County Council

The Nottinghamshire Floods Hardship Fund supports residents and businesses affected by flooding. 

Residents whose homes have flooded are eligible for support through the fund, which offers a one-off payment of £120. 

Small or micro businesses with up to 49 employees, whose premises have flooded, will be eligible to apply for an emergency payment of up to £300 to help them cope with the immediate, short-term loss of income. 

To apply for support through the Hardship Fund, please call the county council’s contact centre on 0300 500 8080.

Customer Service Centre staff are available between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday to take information and payments will be made to those who are eligible.

Community Recovery Grant / Council Tax Relief Schemes – managed by the relevant district council

You may be eligible for a Community Recovery Grant of up to £500 if:

  • your property has been flooded (flood water has entered the habitable area) OR
  • flood water did not enter the habitable areas of your property, but areas have been rendered unliveable as a result of the flooding

To apply for this, please contact your district council.

Business rate relief scheme - managed by the relevant district council

The costs of providing 100% business rate relief to eligible businesses will depend on the rateable value of affected properties and the application of any reliefs.

As set out in the Flood Recovery Framework, eligible business could receive relief for longer than three months if they are unable to resume trading from the property for a longer period. However, for the purposes of this initial forecasts councils should assume relief is granted for three months only.

To apply for this, please contact your district council.

Share this page?