Activities and venues
There are plenty of fantastic activities happening across the county in 2023 as part of the Holiday Activities and Food programme. Programmes run in the following school holidays: Easter, summer, autumn and winter.
Activities at home
If you can't get to a face-to-face club, there are lots of things you can do to keep entertained at home. Visit the links below for more ideas on what you can get up to:
- BBC Bitesize - online resources for primary and secondary school children
- NHS Healthier Families - Easy ways to eat well and move more
- Oxford Owl for Home - FREE eBook Library
- National Trust - 50 things to do before you're 11¾
- NHS Healthier Families - 10 minute shake up games
Family activity days
Family activity days are a wonderful way for the whole family to enjoy a day out together. The target age range is 5 to16 years (SEND 18 years). Siblings can attend with an eligible child. All children in receipts of benefits related free school meals must provide their unique HAF code at point of booking. If you do not have your HAF code, you can register for a HAF code here.
Family days for the winter break
Nottingham Ice Arena, Friday 29 December
- Ice skating with the family, followed by a meal in the Bolero suite. This year we also have circus skills, smoothie, bubble and art bikes, and vegetable crafts by ‘Madam Zucchini’.
- Four sessions available throughout the day, families can book one session only.
- 150 tickets available per session
Booking details will be available here from 1 December
Newark & Sherwood Palace Theatre, Wednesday 27, Thursday 28 and Friday 29 December
- 1.30pm matinee performance or 5.30pm evening performance
- Christmas panto, crafts and food
- 50 tickets per day
Booking details will be available here from 1 December.
Nottingham Playhouse theatre, 29 and 30 December
- 7.30pm performance
- Christmas panto, ice cream
- 100 tickets available for each performance
Book through the HAF helpline from 1 December
0115 9774 999 (lines open 10am to 2pm, Monday to Friday)
Please note, we have one phoneline only and need to administrate these tickets manually, so we ask for your patience.
Tickets cannot be provided through the Nottinghamshire County Council Customer Service Team. With all pantomimes there will be loud noises, music bright lights and audience participation.
Not sure which district you are in?
If you aren't sure which district you are in, you can use the government's 'find your local council' search. If you are in Nottinghamshire, it will show you the County Council and the name of your district council.